There are numerous ways to use baking soda around your house:
Here are few that you can use in your kitchen:
1. A pan with burnt food in it can be cleaned with less effort if you soak it in baking soda and hot water first.
2. To open a partially clogged, pour a half cup of baking soda into it. Follow this with a cup of vinegar. Allow the solution to bubble for several minutes,then run hot water down the drain.
3. Do you love dried beans, but not the gas and bloating they cause? Sprinkle a teaspoon of baking soda in the water when you soak the beans. No more digestion problems.
4. You don’t need a store-bought cleaner to remove dirt and insecticides from you fresh produce either. Just mix a quarter cup of baking soda in a sink full of water. Wash your fruits and vegetables in the solution, then rinse with clean water.
5. Baking soda makes an effective cleaner and deodorizer for your refrigerator too! Sprinkler a little on a damp sponge and clean the inside of the appliance as you normally would. Rinse clean, and see and smell the difference.
6. Your oven is another appliance that baking soda can easily clean and deodorize. Mix some baking soda and enough water to make a paste. Use a sponge to spread the paste over the inside of you oven. (Make sure that you don’t touch the element if your stove is electric!) A for several hours. Allow the paste to set undisturbed for several hours. Then, scrub your oven clean.
7. Soak stale-smelling sponges in a strong baking soda solution to get rid of the mess (4 tablespoons of baking soda dissolved in 1 quart of warm water). For more thorough disinfecting, use the microwave.
8. Remove coffee and tea stains and eliminate bitter off-tastes by washing mugs and coffee makers in a solution of 1/4 cup baking soda in 1 quart of warm water. For stubborn stains, try soaking overnight in the baking soda solution and detergent or scrubbing with baking soda on a clean damp sponge.
9. Remove dirt and grime (without unwanted scratch marks) from no wax and tile floors using 1/2 cup baking soda in a bucket of warm water–mop and rinse clean for a sparkling floor. For scuff marks, use baking soda on a clean damp sponge, then rinse.